Giving your gut a break from meat and hard carbs can be a great way to allow your digestive system to catch up, and allows the body to properly deal with inflammation. Here is a recipe I created this week, that will be one of my total FAVES from now on. Filled with loads of veggie, spices and no nasties! They are a great alternative to arancini balls.
1/2 head cauliflower
1/2 onion diced finely
2 zucchini (grated, with pinch salt left sit for 30 mins and then liquid squeezed from)
1 cup spinach
1/4 cup coconut flour / chickpea flour
1/4 cup falafel mix
1/2 tsp seasalt
1 tsp pepper
1/4 cup parsley
1 tablespoon spices (I used italian herbs but you could try curry powder, onion powder, garlic, basil)
Optional : 1/4 cup cheese (your choice of)
gluten free bread : blitzed into bread crumbs
For cooking :
olive oil / coconut oil
1. Prep zucchini : grate and put generous pinch sea salt over, cover and leave for 30 mins, then wrap in a clean kitchen cloth and squeeze out excess liquid.
2. Blitz cauliflower and onion in thermomix/ blender for 4 -5sec until finely chopped.
3. Cook cauliflower and onion for 3 - 5 mins in a light drizzle of coconut / olive oil until softened but not mushy.
4. Mix all ingredients except coating ingredients.
5.Once mixed, roll into balls, if mixture is too moist add a little more flour.
6. coat in beaten egg and roll in bread crumbs. Balls should be about a golf ball size
7. Cook in oven at 180 degrees for 25 mins.
8. Remove , heat oil in pan and brown on both sides : about 2 mins each side.
9. Serve with fresh salad
WARNING: These are addictive!